Monday, October 3, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (October 2nd)

"It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!"

Monday is here once again!  It was a crazy weekend and felt like it just flew by.  Maybe it did since it included a girl's softball tournament, flag football, a sleepover (not at my house thankfully), a homecoming football game, overtime.....well I think you get the picture.  Sometimes I am more tired from the weekend than I am from the actual week.  Ha!  It's a fresh week though and I'm ready to talk books with all of you.

Last week I managed to finish one book but it was a really good one!  I finished:


You guys!  This series is just SO, SO good!  I feel like other mystery lovers are missing out a bit if they haven't tried this series yet.  I'm certainly going to be pushing both my Mom and sister to pick these books up.  I still need to work on writing up my thoughts on this one which will be difficult as I don't want to spoil anything for others who haven't read the series and might.  There is a lot that carries on from book to book.

I'm now currently reading the following:


Hold Tight is a carryover from last week and is my print read.  Not much new to report other than I'm enjoying already.  Dark Road Home is my new kindle read which I haven't actually started.  I've been focusing more on the Coben book with the limited reading time that I have had.  I'm also still working on Ammie, Come Home by Barbara Michaels on my phone.  I've got plenty of books on the go so now I need to actually make some reading progress with all of these. 

New book acquisitions:



NetGalley continues to tempt me endlessly with books I want to read.  It doesn't matter how far behind I feel with my reading, I can't seem to resist visiting that site and requesting new books.  This is where the first three books pictured above came from.  It took ALL of my self control not to start reading First Degree Mudder instantly as this is the 4th book in one of my favorite cozy mystery series.  I feel like I have been waiting for it for months now.  Last Rituals was purchased by myself for my already overloaded kindle.  I absolutely loved The Silence of the Sea by this author earlier this year (I still need to review) which meant it was a must buy for me.  

That's enough out of me for one Monday.  I hope you all have a wonderful week filled with some good books.

Happy Monday and Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, weekends can be exhausting! Hope you have a great week and get some reading done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You had a very full weekend, Sam. Mine was busy, too. I need to read something by Harlan Coben. Have a wonderful week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to give Griffith a try one of these days. NetGalley is too tempting, isn't it? I hope you enjoy your new books. :-)

    I hope you are able to find some quiet time in there somewhere, Samantha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)