Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Cuff Me by Lauren Layne (thoughts)

Summary from Goodreads:

"Vincent Moretti is one of the NYPD's top homicide detectives-and one of the most eligible bachelors in town. His family, however, thinks he should date his longtime partner, Jill-a sassy, sexy, smart-mouthed blonde who drives him absolutely crazy.

Behind the quiet authority, tough-guy demeanor, and dark aviator glasses lies a man with a big soul-and a hard body that can soften any girl's heart. After years as his coworker, Jill Henley has given up hope that anything could happen between her and Vin. Besides, loving him would break all the rules. But seeing Jill with someone else triggers feelings in Vincent he never knew he had. Now he'll have to stop playing good cop/bad cop-and find a way to convince her to be his partner for life. . ."


My Thoughts: 

One of the things that I love so much about the blogging world is the fact that I find all of these new authors thanks to blogger recommendations.  I've had this author on my radar now thanks to a blogging friend who I trust when it comes to romance recommendations (thanks Lisa!) so I jumped at the opportunity to read this one.  Verdict on this author and book?  I loved her voice, enjoyed this book, and am left really excited to read more of the books in this series!  All very good things if I do say so myself!  This was one of those books that I found myself unable to put down which meant that I read it in a matter of days.  The chemistry and tension between the two main characters was so good and it just meant that I couldn't stop reading.  What is funny about this book (and my reading experience) is that this is the second romance I've read this year where one of the main characters in a serious relationship with someone else.  I totally would have said before now that I wouldn't have enjoyed this kind of story line but both of these authors have managed to make it work.  And actually work quite well despite my misgivings early on.  I found myself eagerly reading trying to figure out how Vin and Jill were going to find their happy ever after when there were so many complications in front of them.  I loved every minute of it!

I also really enjoyed that with this book there was also a mystery story line present.  Vincent and Jill are both detectives and also partners that were investigating the death of a famous actress.  The question of who killed the famous leading lady gave this book a layer of suspense that I wasn't actually expecting.  Basically I was reading for two different things.  One, for Vincent to finally realize that Jill was the best thing that ever happened to them so they could fall in love.  Two, I was reading to see who the killer was and how these two were going to figure it all out.  As I'm a mystery lover as well, this book basically was hitting all of my sweet spots which is one of the reasons why I just couldn't stop reading.  I loved the ending of this book so much although I won't say more than that.  I finished this book with a smile on my face and was left very excited to the other books in this series.  I have to see what I've missed with these other brothers and how they fell in love!! 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and am thrilled that I had the chance to read it!  I found myself reading this one during ALL of my free time and even when I shouldn't have been reading (like when I was supposed to be helping the oldest child with math).  The chemistry between the two main characters was exactly how I like it to be with my romance reads:  steamy and hot but also filled with obstacles that need to be overcome.  I am a sucker for a book where the main characters have to fight to be together in some way rather than the insta-love that sometimes happens.  This is easily a book that I would recommend to other romance readers!  Recommended!

Bottom Line:  A book that I found myself swept away in!

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book thanks to the publisher and NetGalley as part of a Tasty Book Tour. 






 Here is just a taste of this book but is the perfect one to make you want to read it (at least it sure worked for me!):



 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Another book to add to my wishlist. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it! Anthony was my favorite brother, but mostly I just love the writing and the style. I can't wait for the other two siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking a chance on CUFF ME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite kinds of romances (maybe tied to paranormal romances) have a mystery element and so this one really appeals to me. I will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this "tasty" romance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! My guilty pleasure reads tend to have cops as heroes so this one sounds good, plus that there's mystery involved. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)