Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thankfully Reading 2015


I have a long weekend coming up and I'm planning on spending a portion of it reading to my heart's content.  I currently have eight books left to meet my goal of eighty books read for the year.  I'm pretty sure that it is doable but to ensure that I'm hoping to spend all of this upcoming week reading whenever possible.  Will all I be doing is reading?  Heck no!  For me Thanksgiving is family time so I will be spending a good portion just relaxing and enjoying my family.  But since I have a five days off in a row, I can't help but hope that I am able to fit in lots of reading as well.  Therefore I am joining in on Thankfully Reading Weekend hosted by Jenn at Jenn's Bookshelves.  Here in her own words is what this reading event is all about:

"There are no rules to the weekend, we’re simply hoping to devote a good amount of time to reading, and perhaps meeting some of our reading challenges and goals for the year. We thought it’d be fun if we cheered each other on a bit. If you think you can join in, grab the button  and add your sign up post to the link-up below. If you don’t have a blog, you can sign up the comments or sign up using a link to your Twitter account or Faceboook page!"

I love it!  I'm hoping to finish at least two books this coming week (and yes I am starting early and reading ALL week long - or as much as I can manage anyways).   Anything more than that will just be an added bonus.  Here are the two books that I am currently reading and hoping to finish during this time:



I haven't started either of these yet but will be starting Angels Sing to Rest later today.  They both sound really great so I'm eager to get started.  If I manage to finish both of these then there is no shortage of books that I can choose from either off of my own shelves or on my kindle.  I'm so excited I might just have to get started now. 

Are you participating this weekend in Thankfully Reading?  If you are let me know so I can cheer you on while we read together! 

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Sam, I've seen this event before and it sounds like a great one. I usually feel thankful when I read as it's often difficult to set aside the time. Enjoy your reading, and have a terrific Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long weekend of reading sounds divine! I hope to get in some good reading this weekend too if I can manage it, although I am not joining the challenge. I hope you are able to fit in lots of reading time! Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suko- This is always a fun event to participate in! And I hit my two book goal even though one of the books wasn't on my list. LOL! That is what happens sometimes :)

    Wendy- I didn't read as much as I would have liked but my house is now decorated on the inside and out. So success there too! Plus lots of family time made this a perfect weekend.

    I hope that both of you ladies had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)