Friday, October 30, 2015

On My Wishlist (Radar Books) #16- Revived!

On My Wishlist is my way of sharing all of the books that I cannot wait to get my hands upon and read. These are a mixture of books that are about to be released along with some older titles that I really want to read as well. (All summaries are from Goodreads).

A long time ago I used to do these type of posts all of the time and then for whatever reason they fell by the wayside.  Considering how many books that I add to my TBR list in a current week...well I'm not sure why I ever stopped.  I wanted to start participating with the Waiting on Wednesday meme but then realized that a lot of the books that I want to read are actually older books.  So back to sharing books that are on my wishlist/radar that I hope to read in the very near future.  Here are just a few of those books that I have added to my TBR list lately:

Death by Coffee by Alex Erickson

"When Krissy Hancock and her best friend Vicki decide to open a bookstore cafĂ© in their new town of Pine Hills, they decide to call it "Death by Coffee," after Krissy’s father’s most famous mystery novel. Little do they know how well the name fits…

On their very first day of business, Brendon Lawyer huffily takes his coffee…to the grave. It seems he had a severe allergy to peanuts…but how could there have been nuts in his coffee? And who stole his emergency allergy medication?

Fortunately, Krissy’s love of puzzles and mysteries leads her not only to Officer Paul Dalton, but also to many of her new neighbors, who aren’t terribly upset that the book is closed on Brendon. But one of them is a killer, and Krissy needs to read between the lies if she wants to save her new store—and live to see how this story ends…"


I've been on a cozy mystery kick this year so I couldn't help but add this one to my TBR list.  I actually have a copy of this one thanks to NetGalley so I will be reading it very soon.  I can't wait to give this one a try!

In Bitter Chill by Sarah Ward

"In 1978, a small town in Derbyshire, England is traumatised by the kidnapping of two young schoolgirls. One girl, Rachel, is later found unharmed but unable to remember anything except that her abductor was a woman.

Over thirty years later the mother of the still missing Sophie commits suicide. Superintendent Llewellyn, who was a young constable on the 1978 case, asks DI Francis Sadler and DC Connie Childs to look again at the kidnapping to see if modern police methods can discover something that the original team missed. However, Sadler is convinced that a more recent event triggered Yvonne Jenkins’s suicide.

Rachel, with the help of her formidable mother and grandmother, recovered from the kidnapping and has become a family genealogist. She remembers nothing of the abduction and is concerned that, after Yvonne Jenkins’s suicide, the national media will be pursuing her for a story once more. Days later, the discovery of one of her former teachers’ strangled body suggested a chain of events is being unleashed.

Rachel and the police must unpick the clues to discover what really happened all those years ago. But in doing so, they discover that the darkest secrets can be the ones closest to you."


I want to read this one so badly!  That description has me completely intrigued and I cannot wait to get my hands on this book.  It just sounds SO GOOD and like something that I will definitely enjoy!



Autumn Thorns by Yasmine Galenorn

"Fifteen years ago, I ran away from Whisper Hollow, Washington, a small town on Crescent Lake in the Olympic Peninsula. But truth is, if you were born here, you can never really leave. I’m Kerris Fellwater, and when I returned, I inherited my grandmother’s house—and her gift. As a spirit shaman, it’s my responsibility to drive the dead back to their graves, because around Whisper Hollow, people—and secrets—don’t always stay buried.

When I was little, I was told my mother ran off. But now it looks like she was murdered. With the help of my mysterious neighbor Bryan, we begin to unravel the mystery of her disappearance, and in doing so, unearth a dark force seeking to bury Whisper Hollow. Now I must work with the dead, rather than against them, because our enemy will do whatever she can to destroy the town, and she means to start with me."


This book just recently released and I just love the sound of it!  I'm hoping to get the chance to read it really, really soon because it just sounds like a book that I will love.

Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman

"A gutsy, gory, startlingly original serial killer thriller with a heroine who'll blow a hole in the American crime landscape.

In her hey-day, ex FBI agent Brigid Quinn not only worked serial killer cases but became their prize. Small and blond, from a distance she looked vulnerable and slight. . . the perfect bait to catch a killer. But as Quinn got older, she realised she needed to find a protegee, a younger field agent to take her place. So Quinn trains a twenty-two year old and lets her loose in the field. The plan works. Until the Route 66 killer not only takes the bait, but kills the bait too.

Years on, Quinn is trying to move past the fact that she has a young woman's death on her conscience. She's now the perfect Stepford Wife - until she gets a knock on her door. The girl's body has finally been discovered. Quinn is pulled back into the case and the more she learns about the killer the more she comes to believe, despite the overwhelming forensic evidence to hand, that they have the wrong man."


I actually read the second book in this series first earlier this year and loved every minute of it!  I knew then and I still know now that it will be on my top reads list for 2015.  So how could I possibly not want to read this one?  Want, want, want!

Okay, these are just a few of the books that I've added to my TBR list lately.  I really, really need to stay away from NetGalley and Edelweiss so I quit adding books to my TBR list because SO MANY books.  I can't even begin to tell you but these are the books that are calling my name right now!  

Now tell me:  what books are on your radars or wishlists?  Do share- I would love to hear!

6 comments:

  1. These all sound good, Samantha! I am especially interested in Yasmine Galenorn and Sarah Ward's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in a cozy mystery mood lately as well and Death by Coffee looks intriguing. I love these kinds of lists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this feature. Great idea. I know what you mean about wanting to read new books, old books, books I own, books I don't own, books I've forgotten I own...LOL. I have a copy of In Bitter Chill, but have not picked it up to read yet. And my mystery book group is reading Rage Against The Dying next spring. I'm looking forward to that one as well. I think I've something by Yasmine Galenorn (maybe by another name), but it was a cozy series - maybe about a hairdresser or spa setting. Can't remember. I do remember that I liked the books and then she only wrote 3 or 4 of them. I need to check on those. Hope you get to read these and hope you continue this feature. Maybe I should do something like this as well. I'll think about it. Sometimes I wonder if anyone would be interested in the 'older' books that I'm curious about - obviously you would be. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started getting more into cozy mysteries this year and I'd really like to read more. I like the sound of Death by Coffee. I'm definitely keeping that one on my 'to-buy' list, lol. You also got me interested to In Bitter Chill...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy- I am hoping to read both of those books really, really soon! I need to see if my library system has a copy of them so that I can give them a try.

    Stephanie- I have really been enjoying cozy mysteries lately so I couldn't resist this one. I have a few books scheduled for review that I need to finish and then I am reading this one. I cannot wait!

    Kay- I would LOVE to read about the older books that you add to your TBR list. I actually prefer those types of books because I'm not patient and hate waiting for books that I want to read to release. LOLOL! I know exactly what that says about me but really it is the truth! I am going to attempt to make more posts like this because they are fun- and I enjoy looking for even more books to add to my TBR list. It is a sickness I am sure ;)

    Czai- I am hooked on cozy mysteries too! What is the one that you have enjoyed the most this year? I have high hopes for Death by Coffee so hopefully we will both enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam, these do sound like your kind of books! I'm also a fan of cozy mysteries. Have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)