Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Library Loot (Firework Fun)

Library Loot is hosted by Claire and Marg asking us to share out latest library finds.

I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done in July.  Okay, I'm always hoping to find the time to read lots of books but maybe this time I will actually do it.  The weather is usually at its hottest and this is my lull in between the kids' activities.  Before I know it there will be school to prepare for and football/soccer practices to go to.  I'm thinking I need to enjoy the peace and quiet while I get it :)

I slipped into the library the other day when I got off work because I was getting low on library books.  Ha!  You heard that correctly:  I was actually getting low on library books.  I only had like two unread which is unheard of for me since I'm kind of a library book hoarder.  But with their summer hours being shorter I haven't been able to visit as much as I would like.  It was a fast visit since I was tired from work but I managed to come home with some books that I'm super excited about.  My only complaint was the two books I really, really want to get my hands on were checked out already (of course).  I have a feeling it's going to take a bit before I can check out S.J. Bolton's Lost and Stephen King's Joyland.  I should probably just put myself on the holds list for both of them but I haven't yet.  Here is what I did find to take home with me instead:







Good stuff, huh?  I'm looking forward to reading all of these but I'm definitely starting with Simply Irresistible.  I've wanted to read this one every since Staci told me I should and I just keep putting it off.  No longer!  This seems like it will be the perfect summer read and I can't wait to begin.  What books are you waiting to get from the library???

Tomorrow is the 4th of July so I will be offline all day.  I'm looking forward to some fun in the sun, the parade, and a few fireworks.  I hope that you all have a wonderful day as well.  Happy 4th!

6 comments:

  1. Good stuff! I am in a reading mood and want to read everything RIGHT NOW! Which is making it hard to settle on a book. :-(

    Have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stack. I'm not a fan of hot weather so I prefer to stay indoors and read. June was a great reading month for me so I hope July will be too. Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, I have too many books around here--no trips to the library for me anytime soon!

    Have a fun and safe July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good stuff about Gena Showalter's books. Must check one out. Hope you are enjoying the holiday - and the books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your new loot, Sam! I am surprised you were getting low in library books. ;) I hope you had a wonderful July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, I do the same thing. Sometimes I can't even read because I just can't settle down on one book. I HATE when that happens! I hope that you had a wonderful 4th of July as well!

    Linda- I'm not a huge fan of hot weather either...I much prefer when it is fall or spring with a hint of chill in the air. I need a really good month of reading because I'm falling WAY behind in my Goodread's goal :)

    Suko- I have too many books too but it doesn't seem to stop me from getting a few more from the library. (And I know....I NEVER usually get low on library books!)

    Iliana- I've only read one by Showalter but it was enjoyable. I actually should go back and read book two in the series instead of reading this one (and starting yet another series) but I just love the cover for this one so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)