Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Rambles

  • This pictures cracks me up every time that I look at it.  He really wanted his picture taken.  I think I should make it my profile pic on Facebook but I haven't taken the time yet  :)  
  • I've decided on a post of just randomness because I don't have a lot to say.  My reading has been kinda slow as of lately.  I'm pretty okay with that.  (And I'm borrowing the format of this post from the lovely Trish).
  • I love a good thunderstorm!  I've decided that we haven't gotten nearly enough of them lately.  But it is really nice to be sitting here on a Sunday evening listening to the thunder....now where's all of the rain???
  • I spent part of the weekend with family and friends.  It was really nice and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend right before the start of "hell week" at work.  Four months of training at my new job culminates in a two week certification period.  Stress levels are high to say the least.  Yep, the next two weeks are NOT going to be fun.  I may not be around much.  I may not be fun to talk to.  I haven't quite decided yet.  
  • I'm planning on spending next weekend up on the boat with my family.  It will be a good way to end the first "hell week".  I think that I will just try not to think about the part two thing.
  • I'm currently reading The Truth of All Things by Kiernan Shields.  It is pretty good so far but I just haven't been reading all that much.  I'm hoping to make a bit more progress on it this week but we will see how it goes.
  • I'm also working on When Blood Calls by J.K. Beck.  I was reading this one awhile ago and just kind of stopped.  I decided to go back so I reread the beginning and have continued on.  It is also pretty good and I'm starting to wonder how everything is going to all play out.  I'm definitely intrigued!
  • The rain is finally here!!  I've decided bullet points are kind of dangerous...I could just keep going and going.  But I think instead I'm going to curl up under a blanket with the "littles"  since they seem to have decided they are scared of storms and read my book.  Since I'm posting this tomorrow I will wish you all a great week!  Happy Monday!

7 comments:

  1. That picture is very cute! I enjoyed reading your rambles and random bits this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good ramble! And I cannot look at a picture of your sweet little one without thinking "Pickle Baby!!" ;) Elle will say cheese but she won't look at the camera and won't look happy about having to say cheese. Drives me crazy!! Hoping next one is more of a camera bug.

    I love thunderstorms, too. We're supposed to have another round of storms tomorrow and I can't wait. We need to soak up all of that rain while we can!

    Enjoy the time on the boat and with family. Good luck with "hell week." Sounds rough but hopefully when you're done, you're done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...too cute!
    Good luck with the training at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! His picture is fantastic!! Love the bullet points big time, this is how we learn more about each other as people, rather than just as readers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures. You can't help but be cheered up when you see his big smile. I love thunderstorms too but we haven't had any yet. We had a couple of thunder booms and then it was over. Not my idea of a good thunderstorm. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suko- Thanks! It makes me laugh every time that I look at it :)

    Andi- Thank you! He was certainly cheesing for that picture but it is adorable!

    Trish- For every good picture where the kids smile, there are at least four or five where they aren't looking at the camera or are making some sort of silly face. Getting two of them to look at the camera at the same time is a monumental achievement at points :) It's looking like it might rain today and I've got my fingers crossed! LOL!

    Naida- Thanks! It went better than expected but I'm really glad that it is over with!!

    Staci- Isn't it? I love learning more about my bloggy friends as well! It is always fun :)

    Darlene- That is definitely not a good thunderstorm! :/ I love that big smile as well. It just makes my day that much better :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)