Monday, November 19, 2012

Untraceable by Laura Griffin (thoughts)

Summary from Goodreads:

"Private investigator Alexandra Lovell uses computer skills and cunning to help clients drop off the radar and begin new lives in safety. Melanie Bess, desperate to escape her abusive cop husband, was one of those clients. But when Melanie vanishes for real, Alex fears the worst, and sets out to discover what happened. Using every resource she can get her hands on -- including an elite team of forensic scientists known as the Tracers, and a jaded, sexy Austin PD detective -- Alex embarks on a mission to uncover the truth."

My Thoughts:

I love a good romantic suspense and this book was exactly what I was looking for at the time.  It was a fast paced, easy read that kept me caught up in the mystery the entire time.  There were twists and turns that kept me guessing and a nice chemistry between the two main characters. As soon as I began this book I found myself intrigued.  Alex is one those main characters with a hint of mystery surrounding her.  She helps these women find new lives which is a constant source of danger for her and the reader can't help but wonder why and how she has gotten in to a profession like this.  Plus, there is a history between her and Nathan Deveraux that gives hints as to why there is such an intense chemistry between them but never is fully explained.  These kinds of things added together created an underlying layer of suspense that really added to the book for me.  I NEED to read the next book in the series just to see if more is explained.  Or to see what happens next with this series.  I'm not even sure which of those things I want.  I just know that this book was good enough that I will be reading more.  

All in all, this was a solid read for me.  It had me on the edge of my seat quite a few times and I was definitely reading as fast as I could.  I liked the chemistry that developed between Alex and Nathan and am hoping to see more of them in future books.  I think that I'm just eager to read more by this author in general.  Recommended especially to fans of romantic suspense or if you are looking for a fast-paced read!

Bottom Line:  A suspenseful read that left me needing more!

Disclosure:  Checked out from my lovely local library!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like an exciting book, Sam. Terrific review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this author so I'm liking the idea of experiencing a new one and this story sounds pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suko- This was a pretty enjoyable read and I'm hoping to get to the next book sooner rather than later!!

    Staci- This is my first book by her and it definitely won't be my last. I love finding new authors to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)