Monday, May 30, 2011

Green-Eyed Demon by Jaye Wells (thoughts)


Warning: Spoilers may abound as this is the 3rd in the series!

Brief summary from Goodreads:

"The clock is ticking for Sabina Kane. She has to save her sister from her mysterious captors. And in order to do that, she has to broker a deal between the mages and the vampires before all hell breaks loose.

But as much as Sabina is focused on surviving the present, the past won’t be ignored. Before she can save those she cares about, she’s got to save herself from the ghosts of her past. Because the past is haunting her. Literally."


Likes?

I feel like it is cheating if I say everything but that is literally the truth. I loved this book, thought it was just as good as the first two (if not better), and couldn't put it down until I turned the last page. What more could you want from a book? I loved that we saw Sabina and Adam's relationship develop more in this novel, and I can't wait to see what will happen in future books between them. The story was filled with suspense as Sabina is constantly hunting down leads attempting to find where her sister is being hidden. I also liked that we are beginning to see more of Sabina's magical abilities and I'm hoping that we continue to see her grow in future stories. I loved the new characters that were introduced especially the drag queen appropriately named "Pussy Willow". Even with the new characters, Sabina was as kick-ass as ever while also having a little vulnerability to her. Her character is one of the reasons why this series is so great. Plus, Giguhl of course :) This is a book that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend! And if you haven't given Sabina a try already then you really should.

Dislikes?


My only dislike is that I have to wait so long for Silver-Tongued Devil to come out. I really don't think that I can wait.

Final Thoughts:


Enough with the gushing already...if you can't tell, I loved this book and I love this series! Jaye Wells is one of those authors that I would read ANYTHING that she has written (or is going to write). This series is just that good in my opinion. I thought that this book was a great addition to this series and I can't wait to see what kind of trouble Sabina finds herself in next.

Disclosure: I checked this book out from my local library but it is going on my buy list! I'm thinking a reread will be in order of this series soon :)

P.S.- Here is a link to my thoughts on Red-Headed Stepchild and The Mage in Black if you are interested. I would definitely recommend beginning with the 1st book in this series!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun series! Glad you are enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to jump on the bandwagon of love here!! Sounds like a great series!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)