Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Truly, Madly by Heather Webber


Truly, Madly stars Lucy Valentine whose family's business is matchmaking. Unfortunately, Lucy doesn't have the same skills as her parents but instead is able to find objects that have been lost which isn't a very helpful psychic ability in her opinion. That is until she gets drawn down into the family business and finds herself searching for a murderer. With the help of a private investigator named Sean Donahue, Lucy is going to need all the psychic help that she can get.

I love a good cozy mystery and this definitely fit the bill. It was purely a fun, light read that I was able to breeze through in a couple of days. The strengths of this book were the characters more than anything. Lucy is fun and instantly likeable which made for a great main character. Sean isn't your typical "perfect" male love interest/mystery solver which made the book more unique. Plus, Lucy has a couple of close friends that were fun to read about as well. The storyline was a bit out there which didn't detract so much as I just had to let go and enjoy the story that the author was trying to tell. The ending was great as I thought I had it figured out but I most definitely didn't. All in all, a fun read and I will be reading the next book in this series when it comes out!

Disclosure: I received this book from a giveaway on Goodreads. This review is my honest opinion :)
*I read this book for the following challenges:
1st in a Series Challenge
100+ Reading Challenge
New Author Challenge
"W" Author for the A-Z Challenge (personal)

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one Sam. I enjoy a good cozy mystery once in a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one just showed up one day so I'm glad to read that you liked it. I'm all about fun cozy mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good mystery,will put on my list. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cozy mysteries, too and since every review I have read for this book has been favorable, I've added it to my list!

    How are you doing by the way? Isn't your due date approaching?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene- Cozy mysteries are a great way to spend the day once in awhile :)

    Staci- I hope you like this one as much as I did!

    Tribute books- I'm a mystery fan myself but don't read as many as I would like.

    Christine- Thanks for asking but he has arrived. The baby is doing great and I must admit that it is nice not bring pregnant any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on little baby boy's arrival!!! I'm so glad to hear he's doing great and am impressed that you're still finding time awake to read with a newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds rally good, I'm adding it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)