Sunday, October 12, 2008

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series! And I am kicking myself for waiting so long to read it. The Order of the Phoenix has a different feel to it compared to the previous 4 books as we begin to see a different side of Harry. He's angry that no one believes him about Lord Voldemort coming back and he's angry that Dumbledore hasn't talked to him or let him know what is going on. This is what makes Rowling such an amazing writer. She is able to portray Harry with realistic emotions while still making the reader sympathetic to everything that he is going through. I live in his world when I read these books. And don't even get me started on that evil Dolores Umbridge. Ugh! The things that she did to Harry made me cringe. I flew through this book even though it was 800 plus pages. I love me some Harry Potter :) Seriously though, you've all read these so I'm going to keep this review pretty short. Suffice it to say that I loved this book so much that I had trouble picking up another book as I knew it probably wouldn't compare. I gave it a few days and am now reading Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. From hearing so many positive things about this book I'm assuming it will be able to fill the big shoes that The Order of the Phoenix left behind. Plus, I was in the mood for a slightly creepy tale. Tis the season!
Challenges: Chunkster Challenge, Lay It On Challenge (Shelfari) PBT (England Tag)
My Rating: 5 out of 5

9 comments:

  1. I love the HP series. I read the books twice.
    I felt that this book was the longest for me. It took me a while to read. And I'm a big fan of Snape :)
    Cant stand Umbridge!
    great review, enjoy the rest of the books :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. But by waiting so long to read them, they are all published, and you get to read them as soon as you want to, instead of waiting a year or two for the next one.

    Glad you are enjoying them so much. I know what you mean about the next book to read after HP, it is a tough act to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people I have talked to didn't like this one because they thought it was too negative, but I didn't think so. I loved Rebecca when I read it years ago--I've been meaning to read it again. It should be a good one that is not a let down after the excitement of HP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love Harry Potter too. I think I told you the other day how I was starting to feel as though I need to read them yet again.

    I can't wait to hear what you have to say about Rebecca. I want to read that one too especially after hearing all the great reviews. I've got it on order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my favorite in the series--even if it did break my heart at the end...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naida- I know that I will be reading this series again when I finish it. And again and again :) Thanks!

    Raidergirl- This is true...I do have the luxury of reading them as close or as far apart as I want to. I'll be reading the next one sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chain Reader- I'm liking Rebecca so far. It has a very nice atmosphere to it that is drawing me into the book.

    Dar- I'll let you know what I think about Rebecca as soon as I'm finished but for now I'm liking it. It is just what I needed after Harry Potter.

    Trish- I'm not afraid to admit that I cried at the end of this book and The Goblet of Fire. I get so emotionally attached to the characters. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're lovin' it! I wish I was reading it for the first time all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andi- I am definitely enjoying these books and am glad that I finally am getting to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)